Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where the Arcade Fire Is.


Spike Jonze says that he wrote the whole script for "Where the Wild Things Are" to Arcade Fire's album, "Funeral", and their song (rerecorded for the movie) "Wake Up" from the album is featured in the trailer, although the band is not featured in the movie.

The initial trailer... that Arcade Fire song ["Wake Up"] was something I'd used along the way in cutting stuff. Before we shot the movie, I cut together this mood piece; I used footage from E.T., RATCATCHER and THE BLACK STALLION, and cut together this mood piece to the song. I showed it to the crew to give them a sense of the tone and the feeling of the film before we shot. It was a way to get everyone to the same place. I wrote the whole script to Arcade Fire's FUNERAL, and I listened to that song a lot. That record is thematically very connected to the film. So it seems so perfect that we got to put that in the trailer.

Very cool. Have you seen it yet?
-CE
Photo courtesy of Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment