Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. For Realz.

Usually if you have to talk about being taken more seriously...you won't be. It's one of those things- you're either cool or your not, in or out.

“I’m really looking forward to turning 18. I have bought my own house and I’m very excited about moving there. I’m quite independent anyway because I have to travel a lot. I have four siblings so my mom and dad can’t always come along. But I think people are going to take me more seriously this way. I have achieved a lot -- more than some grown-ups in my position have. And I don’t have the feeling that people are taking me seriously, simply because I’m so young. I hope that’s going to change.”

Because grown-ups call themselves grown-ups and talk about how super independent they are. I almost feel bad for her.
-CE
Photo courtesy of Zimbio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment