Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hockey's Finest: Olympiads.

Le sigh. If only this were on sale in the United States. Unfortunately, we don't care about hockey, or well...the winter Olympics at all really. So this is a strictly Canada only version of this SI.

For the record though- USA all the way. I'm rooting for my boy Brooks Orpik.
That jersey looks snazzy, non? Love the choice of blue as the dominant color. Red is so...garish. Sorry Russia.
Sergei Gonchar. It's going to be hard for me to root against him. Evgeni Malkin, eh. He doesn't need my cheers.

Doesn't Sid look good in his jersey though? Some weird and hideous thought is telling me that he got a fake tan for the occasion of this photo shoot, but I'm going to blame too much "Jersey Shore" and ignore it.
Question, and probably something only I would notice, but why do the US's and Russia's jersey's have scoop necks, and Canada's a V? Do Canadian's have thicker necks? Is it some sort of strategy?
We'll see I suppose. Fancy costumes won't win this battle. 

If you want to check out the preliminary line ups, check here.
-CE
Photos courtesy of NHL.

No comments:

Post a Comment