Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Joshua Radin at Legends.


I went to go see Joshua Radin at Legends on Saturday night. It was alright.

Not that his music wasn't good, but the entire time I was there, I was thinking, 'I wish I was at a Matt Costa concert...' because really, Joshua Radin is good, but he's just a poor (wo)man's Matt.

Also, I did some research before we went to the concert (because normal people always treat a concert like an assignment...right?) and totally, totally called that he would be full of himself. He thinks he's real cool. Also, if I hadn't of known beforehand that he was 35 years old, I would have thought 25- tops. Maybe 15. We came to the conclusion that at best it's a cocky frat boy stage persona.

Another thing- boy loves his Bob Dylan. He sang "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright", but in the way that John Mayer thinks he's Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joshua Radin thinks that he's Bob Dylan.

While the stuff he did from his album that's out was kind of sleepy, I attribute that to the fact he probably wrote it as a one person guy. The new stuff he did was great- really upbeat, definitely way more diverse than his previous stuff. So, basically, the moral of the concert is to watch out for Joshua Radin's next album.
-CE


Photo courtesy of Legends.

No comments:

Post a Comment