Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Anderson Cooper, Haiti Heroics.


It's official: Anderson Cooper is THE coolest person on the planet, no doubt. Sorry about the blood if you're sensitive, but it just has to be shown.

Anderson is in Haiti right now, covering the aftermath of the earthquake, and while there, they saw looting going on. The looters broke into a store, and threw a concrete block off of the roof, where it hit a small boy in the head.

Anderson immediately grabbed the boy and carried him off, and below is Anderson's account of the event. To see and read more, click HERE.
I saw him collapse. More chunks of concrete were being thrown at the looters on the roof. The injured boy couldn't get up. He'd try and then collapse again. Blood was pouring from his head. He was conscious but had no control over his body. I was afraid someone on the roof would see him lying there and throw another cinder block piece onto him. I was afraid he'd get killed. No one seemed to be helping him.
I ran to where he was struggling, and picked him up off the ground. I brought him to a spot about a hundred feet away. I could feel his warm blood on my arms. I stood him up, but he was clearly unable to walk. He wiped his bloody face, and I tried to reassure him. He had no idea where he was, and he clearly couldn't walk, so I picked him up again and handed him over to someone behind that makeshift barricade. Tony, the American businessman, gave the boy a wet towel. He was then taken away by someone else. We don't know what happened to him.
I hope he's ok.

If you don't like blood, don't watch the video below, but if you think you can, it's really not too bad, and extremely awe-inspiring. Anderson Cooper...what an amazing man.

-CE
Photos courtesy of CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment