Monday, February 13, 2012

Someone Like You

Last night, it was no surprise to the music or general world population that Adele swept the awards. As 60 Minutes has stated plainly 2011 was the year of Adele.


I, of course, am an Adele fan (I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who is not at this point), but I must confess that while her music is spectacular I find myself more and more enamored with the women who sings the anthems to our lives.

If you haven't seen the 60 Minutes interview you can watch it here.

It was pointed out to me during last nights broadcast that Adele is almost exactly 25 months older than me), and I have to say, I really appreciate the name that Adele is giving to young women everywhere.

Adele has a strong powerful voice, backed by incredible lyrics, written by the artist. Not only that, but the woman herself has a strong beautiful, confident presence. As she says in the interview, she stands and sings. No gimmicks, no dancers, a woman and her voice. The girl has worked almost non-stop for the past 4 years on her music, worked and worked hard! Willing and committed to creating a future so much so that she worked in a record store after she won two Grammy's to stay in touch with music.

As a young woman who is approaching a major leap into real world life, I appreciate the image of a woman confident in her personality and in her appearance. One who rejects a preconceived concept of how a woman in her early twenties should look and behave, in favor of representing her own truths, making her seem, to me, like the perfect representation of a young woman.

Photo's Courtesy of Just Jared


No comments:

Post a Comment