Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Orange Point.

I hate orange. Ask anyone. The color makes me angry for some reason. Especially when it is worn by a person. It makes you look like a Flintstones push-pop. Not flattering.

People (aka my "friends") think I am crazy, but literally every time I see someone wearing orange I let out an involuntary "ew". It's led to some awkward cover ups. As in,

Friend: "What do you think of my new top?"
Me: "Ew."
Friend: "What?"
Me: "Eww... look awesome. Yeah, you look awesome."

Jessica Szohr proves my Orange Point. Cute, adorable girl- but totally insecure. Hence: orange. Someone was able to talk her into wearing this heinous color on the cover of a magazine, and while she can pull it off, it's not her best look.

Here's "The Orange Point": When I see orange, I see women in their mid-40s who are fake tanned and bleached blonde to hell desperately trying to hold on to their youth, sipping whatever mixed drinks by the pool, wearing their orange tops and tight white capri pants. Orange says "Notice me! My husband doesn't!"

Orange is insecure. Orange should be a garnish, not the whole meal.
-CE
Photo courtesy of JJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment