Friday, October 9, 2009

4.5 Hours Later.

I'm driving home from school tomorrow morning, so I'm (of course) making my driving music right now. I usually spend an hour of the drive in silence; quiet time can really be under appreciated. It's just a time for me to contemplate the weeks past and ahead, but the rest of my time is dedicated to music.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I'm not a "hip" music listener. I find a CD I like and work it. I think I get this from my mom, she listened to Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell" so much one summer the cassette melted or exploded in her car. Not too sure on those details. Anyways, I'm still holding on to summer with the Matt and Kim CD. It's totally summer music, but fall's a comin' and it's time for me to find something different. And, my iTunes is suffering from the thinking I'M so cool, I wish it'd step it down a level- I don't listen to the radio, but I don't want obscure stuff either.

As I am writing this, I'm listening to Taylor Swift and mulling on purchasing Mayday Parade or Jay-Z. Or, I could just mix some music. UGHHHH. This is usually were Courters comes in- she leaves mix CD's (usually intended for Sarah Montgomery) in my car... therefore making them mine, right? Or Sarah Joseph will send me a CD with four hours worth of music. But, it's fall break- nothing special.

Find out what I'll be listening to after the break. 
-TM

Don't buy Jay-Z! I have it and can give it to you. And I'm sure Claire has Mayday Parade, so don't buy that one either. I'll send you another mix with the Jay-Z, I've been SUPER benefiting from this Observer gig. 
-CE
So, here's what I'm thinking for the playlist:
  1. Starstruck - Lady Gaga - great beat, and totally won't get old. Promise, I'll listen to it at least five times.
  2. Lions, Tigers and Bears - Jazmine Sullivan - I don't get a lot of time to sing at the top of my lungs. Can't do that with Gaga. Sorry, Lady.
  3. Closer to Love - Mat Kearney - a little Christian Music + a sexy voice = great contemplative music
  4. Bang Bang Bang Bang - Soho Dolls - heard this little diddy off of Skins. Every CD needs a badass single. This is mine.
  5. Samson - Regina Spektor - argh! Impulse buy!! But, I really like it. It's making me sleepy though. I'll crack open my red bull (sugar free) now.
  6. Us - Regina Spektor  - (see above)
  7. Turn Your Lights Down Low - Lauryn Hill and Bob Marley - Let's just go with the idea that I'm cool enough putting one reggae song on a CD
  8. 911 - Mary J. Blige and Wycleaf Jean - Let's just go with the idea that I'm cool enough putting two reggae songs on a CD
  9. Unchained Melody - Cyndi Lauper - It's Cyndi.
  10. I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Rait - Don't judge me!
  11.  He Could Be the One - Hannah Montana - Not Miley. Don't get them confused.
  12. One Mic - Nas - I am hardcore...
  13. Hate Me Now - Nas and (then) P. Diddy - I can rap...
  14. Try - Nelly Furtado - classic and I get to sing!
  15. Lovestoned - Boyce Avenue - It's not a good CD without a few covers.
So, that's the first CD. I've decided to go with Mayday Parade. But, I really want to rap... and sing. Okay, I'll be making this decision in the morning. As long as I don't buy Britney's Greatest hits. UGHH! still pissed about that purchase. Oh, maybe some Beyonce.

No comments:

Post a Comment