Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Fair Keira?


Shortly after his Oscar-winning success with "Slumdog Millionare", director Danny Boyle was said to be testing out the long talked about remake of "My Fair Lady",written by Emma Thompson (LOVE HER) and produced by Duncan Kenworthy ("Four Weddings and a Funeral). However, a few months ago, Boyle announced he was off the project, saying "It hasn't worked out with me in the end, so that's no for me."

It seems as though Joe Wright, the director of "Atonement", will take his place since his other project "Indian Summer" fell apart last week, and that his usual muse, Keira Knightly, will take the role of Eliza Doolittle. There are also pretty substantial rumors that Bond man Daniel Craig will play Henry Higgins (the Great?? haha). 

Haha I am so excited! I've been all "My Fair Lady" jazzed since "Glee" did "I Could Have Danced All Night" in last week's episode. How good will Keira Knightly be in this? It's totally her. I'm not her biggest fan, but she does period movies like nobody's business. 
-CE
Photo courtesy of Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment