Monday, October 26, 2009

A Director for the Movie That Never Comes.


Mitch Hurwitz, creator of "Arrested Development", has officially confirmed that he has signed on to be the director for the movie.

He was also said that the script, which he is penning, will feature a "heavy jail presence". He is aware that there has been a lot of skepticism about the movie, and puts the blame up to monetary issues and casting issues (thank you Michael Cera).
"I guess I'm OK with that belief. But, in fact, what's holding up the 'Arrested Development' movie is my need to develop some sort of ... what's the word here ... income (he laughs). Well, there were a couple of things that were holding up the "Arrested Development" movie. ... we didn't have the actors on board. Anyway, we're finally doing it.

He also jokes about the script and an idea he came up with to piss fans off:
Yes, there's going to be a movie, but I can't promise it won't be "Arrested Development: The Improv Movie." I had a great idea for a while just to really annoy the fans, which was that I was going to, like, let people know that we were in production and then ... come out with an old-fashioned variety show where it's like a Christmas special and it's the Bluths and they're singing, they're wearing matching sweaters. Then you would cut away; then it would be like maybe like a sketch that was like (the characters) Maeby and George Michael and he's fishing and she works at a diner, and then back to another song (he laughs); really be just like, 'This is a HUGE disappointment'. I can't believe I could get any of the people who hold the purse strings to go along with this plan ... everyone would hate it and then they would kind of like it, you know. It would kind of come around."

Honestly, I'm going all "Practical Magic" on this movie, I don't care what it comes back as, as long as it comes back.
-CE
Photo courtesy of Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment