Thursday, October 22, 2009

Twitter Torture.


I knew there was a reason I liked Edward Norton. We both feel the same way about Twitter. The better thing about him is that he can put aside his pride for a greater cause. I probably would not.

He told Parade magazine:
"I haven't personally really engaged in a lot of this new kind of social networking stuff like Twitter or Facebook or MySpace. I mean, the notion of people following what I am doing every day is like torture for me. It's absolutely the last thing that I'm looking for. It seems to me to be really just about social chatter."

But Edward is opening up a Twitter account to detail his marathon training for the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust, and added that,
"It's a good example of a way that you can turn that platform into something where you actually can accomplish something good. It's my first attempt. We're putting our running training log on Twitter. You can see can see pictures too on the site there. The trust conserves the wildlife and culture of the Maasai tribe of Kenya, Africa.”

He is a better person than I. Twitter is a no-go for me. It's right above having my skin slowly buffed off by a nail file and right below being chased by killer aunts like in the third Indiana Jones.
-CE
Photo courtesy of Zimbio.

No comments:

Post a Comment