Monday, October 5, 2009

What We Be Watching


I was talking with Courters a few days ago about what new shows we're watching this season. And, honestly - there are tons! Fall 2009 is totally surpassing the past falls by leaps and bounds. Old shows have stepped it up and new shows are killing it.

So, I figured Court and I would let you know what we're watching this season. Keep in mind - most of it's through hulu.com, but this is what we would be watching if we did nothing.

My Picks:
Monday - Gossip Girl (The CW), How I Met Your Mother (CBS), Two and a Half Men (CBS), CSI: Miami (CBS)
Tuesday - BIGGEST LOSER (NBC), The Good Wife (CBS), The City (MTV), The Hills (MTV)
Wednesday - Glee (Fox), Modern Family (ABC), New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS), The Middle (ABC), FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS (The 101)
Thursday (a crazy day) - Bones (Fox), The Office (NBC), Parks and Recreation (NBC), Community (NBC), Grey's Anatomy(ABC), 30 Rock (NBC)
Friday - Psych (USA Network), Monk (USA Network)

My favorites new shows so far are Modern Family and The Good Wife. Modern Family is so funny. Really, I think anyone can watch this show and relate to one of the families. I was really on the fence about the show before I watched the pilot episode. Really, it's totally worth getting involved. It's a quotable show, always good in my book.

The Good Wife! Love, love, love it. Such a good drama. So proud of CBS for bringing a non crime solving drama. Show revolves around Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies), the wife of a politician in the midst of a sex scandal. She's forced to go back to work as a junior attorney at a prominent law firm. From day one, she's informed that her position is a not permanent, but a six month competition between her and another jr. attorney, Cary Agos (Matt Czuchry!!). She's dealing with a husband in prison (and his army of skanks), two teenagers and an overbearing mother in law, supporting the family and trying to survive a major scandal. The Good Wife's cast is a major selling point. Chris Noth plays Margulies' husband.

Love Fall '09.
-TM

My picks-
Monday: Heroes (NBC), How I Met Your Mother (CBS), Gossip Girl (CW), House (Fox)
Tuesday: Apparently THIS is when I get homework done.
Wednesday: Glee (ABC), LOST (ABC), Modern Family (ABC), Friday Night Lights (The 101), Law and Order: SVU (NBC)
Thursday: Bones (Fox), The Office (NBC), Parks and Recreation (NBC), Community (NBC), 30 Rock (NBC), Vampire Diaries (CW)
Friday: Ugly Betty (ABC), Psych (USA)
Saturday: Saturday Night Live (NBC)

I would also like to say that I resent Gray's as the head picture for this. I hate that show. It disappointed me terribly. 
-CE

Photo Sources of The Good Wife, Modern Family and Grey's

No comments:

Post a Comment