Friday, November 20, 2009

End of an Era

This has been a rough television year for me. My shows are ending. And, I watch a lot of TV, so this is really bound to happen. But, shows close to my heart are ending.



Monk. I love Monk. Still do, always have. There are three episodes left and my heart literally aches. If you didn't watch Monk, you really missed out because it's a gem from The USA network.

Next, King of the Hill was canceled after 13 seasons. Court can vouch for me, I religiously watched KofH for each season. Like, how is American Dad and the God-awful Cleveland Show on Fox's Sunday instead of Hank and Peggy Hill. Like, really? Who does this!?

This one is more sentimental then anything, but Total Request Live ended this year. I stopped watching when I got to high school. I was never home at 3pm, or I was watching General Hospital (as I am now). I can't even tell you who was hosting the show when it ended. Did they bring Carson Daly back? Okay, according to the video I'm posting, they did. Still, lame.



Finally, it was announced this week that The Oprah Winfrey Show will be ending next after its 25th season. This last one should speak for its self. I might have teared up a bit. I've never been a huge Oprah fan, but I will admit that she's an amazing woman with a truly inspiring story of where hard work gets you. Here's the video.


Now, if we can just get Dr. Phil to end.
-TM

No comments:

Post a Comment