Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Way We Get By.


I know. The new episode of "Glee" is on tonight, and after a two week hiatus. But today is Veteran's Day, so I ask you to pass it up just this once and instead tune into PBS come 9 PM.

I had an interview for the Observer with the producer, Gita Pullapilly, who is a ND grad, and the more I researched the movie for the interview, and the more I spoke with her, the more in love I became with it. It was really a labor of love, and you can tell that it completely shines through in the work. They have been working on this since 2004 (she recently married director Aron Gaudet) and have had so many difficulties getting it off the ground.

It takes place in the town of Bangor, Maine, and follows three people who are part of a group that greets soldiers at the airport when they leave for and come back from war. It is heart wrenching, let me tell you. Just what one needs in this crazy, crazy week when you think your life is utter hell. Trust. If you don't believe me, check out the website here, and be sure to watch the trailer below.

My interview and the review of the movie will be in Friday's paper, and I'll try to post them up here as soon as possible. WATCH TONIGHT!
-CE

The Way We Get By - Trailer from The Way We Get By on Vimeo.
Photos courtesy of Promo.

No comments:

Post a Comment