Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eff Love


I wanted to title this one 'Suck It, Chris Brown,' but then I remembered that this is about Rihanna - not him. She's sharing her story about the night her boyfriend, Brown, attacked her. The interview is truly moving and powerful. It is also insightful, because I was one of those people confused by Rihanna and Brown's reconciliation prior to the incident. On why she decided to call if off for good, she said:
"It's not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know. When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for telling them to go back."
I'm glad Rihanna found the strength sit down with Diane Sawyer. The rest of the interview will be tomorrow on Good Morning, America and then 20/20. I strongly encourage everyone to watch, learn and help turn this awful (yet, all too common) event into a lesson.
-TM

No comments:

Post a Comment