Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Very Important Date.

I am so excited for this movie. Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorites, and Tim Burton and Johnny Depp together are genius. Total genius. Can't wait.

The weird thing is, that ever since I've started watching True Blood everything has become a vampire metaphor for me. That's what I related it to when I first saw this trailer...which leads me to think, why hasn't Tim Burton done Vampires yet? Zombies and other dead things, yes, but in all this Twilight mania, why hasn't he done something to comment on it? Perhaps it is yet to come.

About this project though, Tim Burton told the Los Angeles Times,
"It's a funny project. The story is obviously a classic with iconic images and ideas and thoughts. But with all those movie versions, well, I've just never seen one that's had any impact to me. It's always just been a series of weird events."

On that note, here is one of my still favorite Alice versions, Tom Petty's Don't Come Around Here No More music video. Totally 80's. It's the best. Petty as the Mad Hatter...classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5H0wUo37RY


The movie comes out March 5, 2010.
-CE

No comments:

Post a Comment