Saturday, July 11, 2009

Everything's better in the UK

Once or twice a week, I change the country on my iTunes to the United Kingdom.

I like to see what’s on top of the charts – what songs or shows are popular and stuff like that. More often than not, the top ten are about the same with maybe a techno song on top of the charts. Typical.

This week I stumbled across an artist and rapper named Ironik. The song I saw- wait for it. TINY DANCER. I know. I know. Ilovethatsongtoooo. Mainly in Almost Famous, that scene is classic.

So, I watched the video and caught myself bouncing around my living room. The song is catchy. I’ve heard better, but really anyone that can mix rap with Elton must have some potential. So, he had some stuff released in the USA, only problem it’s in French. Blah. after, two years of French I can barely say anything.




So, I continued my search, determined for a good find. Then, I found Jamie T. He’s described as a cross between The Streets (V.Mars, anyone?) and Arctic Monkeys. And, that accent. Everything is better with an accent.
And, lucky for us. He’s on iTunes USA? America? too.

Here’s a link to the video for “Sticks’ n’ Stones” and "Sheila".

-TM

No comments:

Post a Comment