Saturday, July 25, 2009

Normality.

Kate Winslet is on the cover of Harper's Bazaar this month and she talks about her image, and seeing airbrushed photos of herself. Kate said,
"I have wrinkles here [on her forehead], which are very evident, I will particularly say when I look at movie posters: 'You guys have airbrushed my forehead. Please can you change it back?' I’d rather be the woman they’re saying 'She’s looking older' than 'She’s looking stoned'.

Love her. Just when I'm feeling badly about hating Megan Fox or Katherine Heigl, I see Kate Winslet and I suddenly remember why they are so horrible. Because she is so awesome. She doesn't try to make people think she is some whore sex goddess or a successful witty girl next door.

"[Young women] look at all of us, myself included, on these magazine covers and they think 'My God, how does she
get skin like that?' And I can tell you, I have so many blemishes under this make-up that have been so fabulously covered, I promise you... [On the red carpet] our knickers will still go up our a** at the most inappropriate moment. And we’ll still want to flick them out, but you can’t because someone is going to catch you."

Kate Winslet and Zooey Deschanel. Always top 2 on my favorite celebrities list. Megan Fox and Katherine Heigl are always on the death list. That's worse than the least favorite celebrities list.

Damn. I was trying really hard not to go on another rant about them. Will try harder in the future.

-CE

No comments:

Post a Comment