Friday, September 18, 2009

Broadway Beauty.


Indie darling Regina Spektor is set to collaborate with playwright/director Tina Landau and lyricist Michael Korie (Grey Gardens) on a new musical entitled Beauty.

It is described as using, "the 1812 Grimm fairy tale Sleeping Beauty as a jumping off point for a contemporary and hauntingly provocative story of beauty lost and beauty found."

Beauty also happens to be the name of a book by Robin McKinley, and although I'm sure it's just a happy coincidence more than a source, it's a great read anyways. Trust. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the best Robin McKinley, but it's pretty damn good. Spindle's End is awesome, that's a must read. For all you vampire fanatics, Sunshine is one my sister has been telling me I have to read, although I can't personally recommend it. I have learned to fully and completely trust Megan when it comes to books though.

Spektor will appear on SNL on Oct. 10th and headline at Radio City Music Hall on Oct. 14th. 
-CE
 Photo courtesy of Perez.

No comments:

Post a Comment