Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nightmare.


Twilight author Stephenie Meyer has sold screen rights to her first adult novel The Host to producers Nick Wechsler, Steve Schwartz and Paula Mae Schwartz. Apparently they used their own money- say goodbye to that guys. Variety is saying that Andrew Niccol (Gattaca) will write the script and direct. The love story is set in the near future on Earth, when a benevolent alien parasite becomes fused with a dying human being. Winning storyline, non? I was going to read it but Theo said it was awful. A total read and return.

Wechsler and the Schwartzes are separately teamed on "The Road", the John Hillcoat directed adaptation of the Cormac McCarthy novel that will be released Nov. 25 by the Weinstein Co. I helped my friend Dempsey out on a photo project she had to do when she read that novel last year. She said it was depressing.

Depressing movies always equal rent for me. I have a feeling "The Host" will be something I have horrible nightmares about. Hate Stephenie Meyer. Her stupidity makes me nervous.
-CE


No comments:

Post a Comment