Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gives Me Hope.

Here's a website we should all get behind. Yes, we all love laughing at how much other people's lives suck on FML, but I find that this...makes me feel better. Even me, everyone's favorite cynic. But even I would never thwart any genuine attempt to make the world a better place.

http://www.givesmehope.com/

Gives Me Hope was started by Emerson Spartz and his fiance, Gaby Montero. Spartz is the owner and CEO of Mugglenet.com, the most popular and Harry Potter fansite, even praised by J.K. Rowling herself. He started it as a homeschooled 12 year old, where I'm guessing positive thinking got him a long way. 'Yeah, it sucks that I'm homeschooled, but now I have the time/I am smart enough to start my own website that will make me very rich at a young age.' He didn't say that, I'm speculating. He and his fiance are also recent Notre Dame graduates. Yes, they are only 22. Makes me feel like a dose of GMH right now.


Here's a sample of the kind of story that is on GML:
Today I was going out for a coffee with my boyfriend. On the way I passed a homeless man and gave him $5. When I got to Starbucks my boyfriend dumped me. I walked home crying, and when I passed the homeless man he told me how sorry he was, and offered to buy me a coffee. He used the $5 I gave him, and smiled proudly as he handed over the money. GMH

Also here's a news story the local South Bend station did on them, very cute.
http://www.wsbt.com/home/video/48166137.html

***Sidenote: I realize this is ironic after what I wrote about Miley Cyrus. Whatever. She Gives Me Anger. GMA. There isn't a website for that, so I expressed it here. I'm sure she'll dry her tears with all that money she's making from people's bad taste. Cyrus = the opposite of GMH.

-CE

No comments:

Post a Comment