Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello...Ladies.

I once thought Shia Labeouf was the epitome of this creeper mantra. I mean, don't get me wrong, I always enjoy him in movies, but...yuck. It was something I was so sure of... and now there is doubt. My resolve is shaken. Besides his general attitude, I'll take you back and show you where I first got this impression. June 2008 GQ article, and I quote:

“I’ve been in love with every woman I’ve ever worked with (Megan Fox, Sarah Roemer and Michelle Monaghan). [But] there’s the three-month attention span that actors have. I don’t know if it’s mutual, but I really don’t care. They have to kiss me when ‘action’ gets called, anyway, so I’ll get what I want.”

Gross. I guess I don't know why it turned me off of him SO much, but then here we are, a year later, and I'm watching this, turning my head, and going, 'yeah, I get that. I wouldn't fight it.'

It worries me. Am I fickle? So easily swayed that him being nice to a fan (on a morning talkshow no less) is endearing? Charming, even? Also, I didn't find her annoying. Normally I roll my eyes and move onto something else when the shaking, teary fan comes on. She even makes him shout out to her friends...which I have to admit he pulled off with grace and humor. Still, no malice on my part. I thought she had a cute reaction. Maybe it was that I liked her outfit, her "meeting Shia outfit". More likely those crazy twi-hards are making other fans seem downright indifferent. Another thing I can blame them for.

But here's the rub, even in my newfound charity. She comes out, hands him his coffee and he says, "Oh, I wish I had a chair to offer you!"

You do LaDouche. It's called your own. Merideth Viera, who is half-past 50 is sitting on the floor and a young action star couldn't stand? I mean, he's short enough. Not like he would be out of frame or anything.

Maybe this is a passing phase. He'll say something weird, like he finds his mother attractive (Playboy, this year) next month and I'll start gagging everytime his name is mentioned again. All will be right in the world. I did however like his outfit in the picture above. I would wear it. Feel like it's a little lame though, like he thinks he's BA because he got a Dylan/pot reference through airport security.

Uh huh. Sure.

-CE


No comments:

Post a Comment