Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh That Ellen.

I promised myself only one blog this morning, maybe just two or three until I get my review into the Observer for King Lear. I'll give you a hint as to what I have so far- um, it was really good. So that's my starting point. Wish me luck.

Speaking of literary masterpieces, American Idol has finally replaced to ever- not fully present Paula Abdul. With Ellen DeGeneres. I totally see it. I mean, she knows nothing about singing or the music business, but since when has that ever really mattered on AI? Middle America loves Ellen. She made Robert Pattinson bite her and swooned at Brad Pitt, so they can convieniently forget that she's gay- a lesson I daresay she learned after it crashed and burned her first show Ellen. Loved that show. Still bitter they killed it. However this Vulcan mind game she's playing still befuddles some people, like my grandmother.

Me: "Want to watch Ellen?"
GMA: "Oh, I just don't like that Ellen."
Me: "Is it because she's a lesbian?"
GMA: "What? No."
Me: "What is it then?"
GMA: "...I don't know."

She's always "that Ellen" too. Le sigh- grandmother's say the funniest things.

Ellen will join as the fourth judge after guest judge appearances by Victoria Beckham, Avril Lavigne and Shania Twain. So all people really desperate for some publicity- expect Lindsay Lohan's name to be added to the list at some point. She had a non-singing career for a second there right?
-CE
Photo courtesy of Splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment