Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bonham-Carter in BBC Biopic.

Here's something my sister will love- Helena Bonham Carter will be starring as English author Enid Blyton who wrote the book "Noddy", as well as the series "The Famous Five" and the "The Secret Seven" in a BBC biopic.

In 1942 the author divorced her first husband who will be played by Matthew MacFadyen of Pride and Prejudice fame, to marry her lover played by Denis Lawson. Enid will be part of a four part series depicting iconic women.

Sophie Okonedo will be playing Winnie Mandela, the ex-wife of Nelson Mandela. Margot will feature Anne- Marie Duff as prima ballerina Margot Fonteyn.

Gracie! is based on the life of Gracie Fields, the highest paid film actress in the 1930's, played by Jane Horrocks

2 comments:

  1. I think that you should have posted a pic of Matthew MacFayden, too.

    "You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I would have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. And I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't even have to look that up, did you?

    ReplyDelete