Monday, August 17, 2009

Moving Out.

For those of you, who like me are packing and moving, getting ready to go to back to school, Rachael Maddux at Paste Magazine has a perfectly ironic playlist for the horrors of moving. Here's a link to the page, I couldn't find a way to embed the online player! Here's what Rachael has to say:
If you live in the Atlanta area and are wondering why it's 90 °F and ferociously thunderstorming all weekend, well, that's because I'm moving. Hooray! Hopefully my trusty helpers (read: parents and boyfriend) and I will make it through all the packing and unpacking without getting totally drenched and/or struck by lightning—and then I can commence to getting my new place in order with the musical assistance of this moving-day playlist.
  1. The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter"
  2. The National - "Apartment Story"
  3. The Spinto Band - "Brown Boxes"
  4. The White Stripes - "I'm Bound To Pack It Up"
  5. Joe Cocker - "With A Little Help From My Friends"
  6. White Rabbits - "Leave It At The Door"
  7. Andrew Bird - "Tables & Chairs"
  8. St. Vincent - "The Bed"
  9. Wilco - "Box Full Of Letters"
  10. Modest Mouse - "Paper Thin Walls"
  11. Tom Waits - "Picture In A Frame"
  12. Pavement - "Date With Ikea"
  13. Radiohead - "Everything In Its Right Place"
  14. The Everybodyfields - "Good to be Home"
-CE
White Rabbits photo courtesy of Lucy Hamblin.

No comments:

Post a Comment