Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sad Schmutzen.

Liam Neeson spoke to Diane Sawyer on the Today Show this morning promoting his new movie Five Minutes of Heaven, where he spoke briefly on the death of his wife Natasha Richardson.

"To be honest, we're taking each day as it comes," he said. "I'm still getting extraordinary condolence letters from American people. That's deeply, deeply touching. And that's partly the reason I've recently become an American citizen."

Isn't that beautiful? Le sigh, this is just so sad. He also made mention of Senator Ted Kennedy's death.

"I met him a couple of times over the years, and he wrote my family a very very beautiful, touching condolence letter when Natasha died earlier this year," he said. "He was a special man. It's the end of an era I'm sure."

Love Liam. Hate it when horrible things happen to nice people. Normally we stay away from sad smut, but I know a lot of you really love Liam, as do I, so I thought I would touch on it. It's nice to see the support their family has gotten, a sense of community makes loss a little easier I hope.

Alright, I'm going to stop before I start blubbering in the middle of the dining hall. Next post will be some "roll your eyes at the stupid person" schmutzen, I promise. Schmutzen is the German word for smut I think. My roomie and loyal reader Michelle, who speaks German, is going to crack up laughing when she sees this. I've probably gotten it wrong and said penis or something.

Yeah, that is totally my life.
-CE
Photo courtesy of Zimbio.

No comments:

Post a Comment