Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jesse-land.

“I’m so shocked that they put me in movies,” the 25 year old New York native Jesse Eisenburg says. “Every time I get a part in something, I can’t believe it, and then afterwards I feel like I ruined the whole thing.” He has so far been in Adventureland and Zombieland. Hmm. I see a connection there.
Jesse made Paste Magazine's "Best of What's Next 2009" list. They liken him to actors such as Michael Cera, John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. They rave about his ability to add to the quality of a "everyman" role, and be innovative in a lackluster role.

What he lacks in leading-man looks and physical-comedy skills, he makes up for with naturalistic performances that combine craft with a less-studied naivete.


I have to agree. I saw Adventureland while I was in Pittsburgh over Easter- it was filmed at Kennywood, which is apparently the Disney World of Pennsylvania. While Kristen Stewart and Ryan Rynolds sucked it up, this kid was a real bright spot. His frustration and aimless interest in life and those around him was quite genuine and unique. The kid has talent. The worst part? He doesn't even seem to try.

What’s Next? “I ultimately want to write plays and not even act in them,” Eisenberg says. “I’ve written plays and a musical that’s starting to get off the ground right now. I would prefer to do that, but it’s so hard, and even when you’re successful as a playwright you don’t make any money—it’s such a hard part of the industry. I love [movie] acting, but the theater seems to produce more consistently creative works.”

I've never been one for zombie movies, but this one might be so clichè that I will love it.
-CE

No comments:

Post a Comment