Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Storyteller.

Here's some new music for you kiddies: Brendan Benson. Probably most well known as a founding member of The Raconteurs- yes, they are more than Jack White's personal band de jour- although he was pretty well established before the band.

He is releasing another solo album on August 18, My Old, Familiar Friend and after sampling a couple tracks, I love it. You can really see where The Raconteurs get their pop-strength with amazingly tight hooks sound. If that makes sense. So if you like the Beatles, a little bit of those old days of rock 'n roll with a sprinkle of Motown, you'll love this guy. Actually, I'm fairly certain he has something for everybody.

To be honest, sometimes Jack White's voice annoys the hell out of me. One time I was listening to Together and I remember thinking, "Ughh shut up Jack White I want to hear more of that other guy!" Now my wish has come true. Whole CD's of the other guy. Sweet.

Listen to Whole Lot Better, a song that I will be spending a lot of time dancing to in the future from his upcoming album.
-CE

--Photo by Autumn de Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment