Friday, August 14, 2009

Time Travelling Back to the 80's.

Ok, um I love it. Love her, love the dress.

...

But I feel like I'm looking at a Dallas reunion. With the wide shoulders and debutante sweep of the dress? You see the 80's right? But that's about it. In fact, I have a dress just like this in black. I mean, without the plunging neckline.

I have to say though, not too excited for this movie. I read the book...two, three years ago maybe? I borrowed it from my sister (shite, now she's going to know) and it was good. But I definitely didn't look at it and think, wow this would make a great Notebook-esque love story starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana.

It's an odd book. I mean, Henry is a huge Stooges fan for goodness sakes. I bet they left that out- I can't see Eric Bana at a Stooges concert. That is a reason why this movie is going to annoy me when I finally get around to renting it. I am a stickler for sticking to the book. I know, people disagree, but just remember- I am not a chick flick girl. While my female nearest and dearest are sniffling into their popcorn, I'm wondering why anyone would put Hillary Swank in a romantic movie where she plays the girl. I am a robot, but resistance is futile and I accept my hard hearted fate.

Which reminds me- I would like this outfit more if she were wearing shoes instead of just triangles on her toes.
-CE

No comments:

Post a Comment